Thread: Detent specification - I've always wondered. Standard part?

Insider

Detent specification - I've always wondered. Standard part?

So, the classic rubber "Nubbins" we've used since times immemorial - do those have a name or source? They seem to be ubiquitous, but I've never found the "off the shelf" solution for it.

My 2k2 Intimidator could use a new set, and I'd rather not get dinged for shipping. I've had the black stock, clear hard, and pbk blues, so I'm not sure how they're done, but it seems to be a consistent geometry for that part from Nelsplats or whatever used them first out until GEO series.

Figured this place was the best to ask.

Related - who finds these preferable to spring detents? They're a wear item, but they also sometimes seem more robust in less than ideal play conditions.

Supports Inception Designs
    I'm not at my apt this weekend, but when I get back I can measure some up and see what I come up with for a size. No idea what they'd be called outside of the paintball industry though.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Intimidator and Spyder units are the same (or were) you should be able to get some via BLAST.

The Planet ones are a little different geometry IIRC and the Sniper/Vanquish/Trracer etc. ones are the same as the PE ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Intimidator and Spyder units are the same (or were) you should be able to get some via BLAST.
    Or I could help you out with them.

Wayne

The Planet ones are a little different geometry IIRC and the Sniper/Vanquish/Trracer etc. ones are the same as the PE ones.
    So did Empire buy them from PE, or is there a supplier that they both buy from?

Empire copied Planet Eclipse with the goal of the parts becoming a "standard" item and easily accessible for all. The PE ones are better material than the last ones I saw at Empire before I left.

PE Detents were a little stiffer while the Empire detents are softer. I have mixed them before.

IMO PE detents works great for mech/electronic guns(Empire Autoocker, Empire vanquish, PE Ego, PE Geo etc).
    The Empire Sniper however, should 100% use the Empire detents. It makes the pump stork much smoother specially when you trim them a bit.

The PE ones are better material than the last ones I saw at Empire before I left.
    Not so much anymore.