Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GMech

Oh, I follow. If the shot chamber were cut off then so would the mq valve that feeds the back of the bolt (route from shot chamber, through poppet, then through noid to bolt back). The concern I'd have is some type of strange bounce.

As for the GMEK, I do like it but I'd more like to see a mech paragon. I have no idea how you guys could get it cheap enough to compete though. I've also liked the look of the Shiva prototype of the torque or whatever Josh called the mech version. Seems really fun to shoot, though I do tend to prefer inline guns.

Insider
    Just chatting and all, the Mech version has a decent demand. Not enough for us to sell a completely mech setup, but enough for us to justify some kits.

We were about to show off the mech trigger (can be 3D printed) that pushes on the solenoid and works in out marker, but it won't be to fast. The part we do plan to make will be a pulse valve, and at that point we will have a 15bps walkable trigger mech.

(Shrugs) we have a couple other things to sort out first (well, just the the board and QC at this point). There isn't anything really crazy about the application in our gun though.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Just to resurrect this - I kept waiting for Jack to jump in - Josh, what's a rough idea of how many mech kits you manufactured or sold? 10% of stock?

And what's the timing on a pulse valve release - think it will come in the 2017 calendar year?

Question

Anyone else notice the glaring lack of used first gen Gteks the various BST forums, Craigslist, and eBay ?

What do you guys speculate that means, not many new ones sold ?

endeavor to persevere.......

Did Planet cannibalize their own sales too heavily with the Gtek and their surrounding markers? Just based on the rough dates of when they actually released the markers...

Jan 2015 - Etek 5
    Feb 2015 - LV1.1
    September 2015 - CS1
    November 2015 - Gtek
    September 2016 - Gtek 160r
    September 2016 - CSR

Eh, maybe that's enough separation in dates, but maybe it's a further sign of market decline if resales are low. I've heard a lot of people talk about buying the 160r and CSR, but not so much the others.

The 160R is a near perfect marker to me, but PE is stepping on their own feet IMO. They got excited about the gamma core and put it in the GTEK, 160R, etha 2 and possibly will also surface in the CS2. The stacked poppets are dead for the most part. The IV core, despite being a proven performer, is being overshadowed by the lower fleet of gamma equipped makers.

What I was suggesting was if they release the mech frame for the 1st gen Gtek, being that there are almost no used ones on the market, it will hurt frame only sales.

I would be open to picking up one just to try the mech frame but I don't want to try it bad enough to buy a new one.

And what will it do to the used pricing.....
    endeavor to persevere.......

I really don't see too many GTEKs at the field either. Not that it's representative of gun sales, but it is just my observation. The GMEK is excellent, so if you're playing mech seriously (whatever that means) then it'd be hard to look past. My opinion about PE's lineup stands though.

Core aside, I just dislike holding the CS1. Frame's way too fat.

I'm really not sure why they didn't put the gamma core in the next geo and moved the geo core down to the gtek.

I was at pb gateway this afternoon, they were telling me they sell way more gteks than rsx's or cs1s, for what it's worth.

I really liked my CS1, but for some reason I didn't love it. It didn't have the soul of the 3.5 and was kind of a tub. Dimensionally, it's not that huge overall, but it feels fat. The frame was ok to me, but I wouldn't complain if they made it smaller though it'd be a UL at that point. I really believe the 160R is an overall better gun than the CS1. I also tend to agree that a phasing out of the IV core in favor of the gamma would have made strategic sense.

Unless Jack has something up his sleeve, I think they're line is somewhat stagnated. I seriously suspect he's working an inline poppet just because I think the market will respond favorably, he has a patent on an inline bolt kit and Colin had the aedes 2 and now those 2 are working together. I suspect you may see the LV1 tech move down, a new 160R, a CS2 with a modified gamma and some type of inline poppet. The CS2 having a gamma is a tough sell for me though at $1000+ the features don't justify the price increase over the 160R. Here's to hoping there is no CS2 with a gamma and instead it's a super high end inline poppet.