Page 227 of 228 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

There is no accountability among a civically illiterate voter base. Most people (and even some elected officials) don't even know the three branches of government. Those same people are obsessed with making accusations of corruption, while being oblivious to ethical violations committed by the officials they vote for.

These days when people make accusations of corruption without specific details I just assume they were exposed to lead as children. Or they listen to Alex Jones, but that Venn diagram is probably a circle.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 01-07-2021 at 09:13 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

and you guys mocked me when i said it was always just racism and sexism.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    and you guys mocked me when i said it was always just racism and sexism.
    We typically mock you for being flippant, your comments aren't original (or even terribly precise). Depending on the day it's all just racism. The next day it's all just sexism. The next day it's all just fascism. You can't even pick one.

Listen from 39:35 to 42:53

https://youtu.be/s42V8BGBvTk?t=2375
    Last edited by PBSteve; 01-08-2021 at 06:55 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Its not mocking you, as i have felt that for the past couple of years that it was boardering on full blown fascism, yet no one will ever believe or wants to believe the far ojt "nut job" even though he may be right. Its more of comimg to the realization that it is worse than we thought. As you can view it in layers between agreeing with, disagreeing with, refusal, and out right hatred against. And even that can be cut by being a against yoir party, against the country or even because he has an R behind his name.

So the 25th amendment isn't going to be used, congress is pushing the impeachment papers through, and though those papers won't do much for the end of his term, it does have the condicile of barring him from further office, which has much bigger implications, possibly ending his political aspirations but also opening trump up for criminal lawsuits from everyone. Which in all due respect, as soon as SDNY started opening up that civil lawsuit on the taxes, the house of cards would have fallen and the lie of the billionaire not having the billions. He would not have had the chance, even with an army of lawyers, the freedom to conduct a campaign again.

Also, do you think that a storm of trump amendments and laws, not so much handcuffing future presidents but cleaning up the 25th Amen., spelling out in law that taxes or divestment from businesses, HAS TO BE shown/done before you are able to be inaugurated, and others. Granted, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, but you sure as hell can prevent it from happening the same way again.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    We typically mock you for being flippant, your comments aren't original (or even terribly precise). Depending on the day it's all just racism. The next day it's all just sexism. The next day it's all just fascism. You can't even pick one.

Listen from 39:35 to 42:53

https://youtu.be/s42V8BGBvTk?t=2375
    way to rewrite history.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    way to rewrite history.
    "I wasn't being flippant," he says flippantly.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    "I wasn't being flippant," he says flippantly.
    A leopard can't change his spots

Christ, the inauguration is going to be a shitshow. I hope people stay home.

Well, Biden has said for people to stay home, observe social distancing. Because people see that as an enfringement upon their rights, and the subsequent 6th fallout, the only people who would be their are those that "listened to the dog whistle" to protest/riot against a rightful election.

This will be near the absolutely worst situation any president will have, going into his first day in office. So much to fix, so much to do, so many problems left at the feet.

I am finding the new retro conspiracy theories even crazier than before the great unrest came public. That antifa infiltrated and perpetrated the attack, that also the secret service was there, in disguise to take Pelosi's laptop because of course she was hiding something that needed to be taken, secretly of course, because the secret service does that sort of thing and it would look bad for the FBI or Homeland Security to just show up, or even monitor the laptop remotely because it was government property.

I am finding days of just mafia inspired, 3rd shooter Kennedy assassination theories or even just flat earthers are to be nostalgia. They are goikg so far away from the core problem, trump started this lie.