Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Inception Designs pump kits.... ;)

Insider
    I actually have found PTFE bushings to be superior to linear bearings for a host of manual applications - the linear bearings on mcmaster have a weirdly notchy feel to them.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

I feel compelled to refer to Skibbo's blue pump handle design as the Shocker Pump. I'm sure that will garner all sorts of initial confusion before acceptance.

Supports Inception Designs
    Simon, any more pictures of the pump handles? also, looks like you're going to have a hitman plate available too?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Vector files are here http://inceptionforums.com/showthrea...ector-AI-files Not sure what other formats I can do from those if they don't work. I am not familiar with SVG. We usually convert the ai to dxf if needed.
    you can download inkscape (which is free) to do a direct manipulation and conversion from .ai to SVG

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    the linear bearings on mcmaster have a weirdly notchy feel to them.
    agreed, i have them all over the place in my 3d printers, and im really NOT terribly impressed with the smoothness, maybe they need to break in, i dunno, but i was expecting something magical. and honestly a good polished metal to metal contact surface feels WAY better

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    agreed, i have them all over the place in my 3d printers, and im really NOT terribly impressed with the smoothness, maybe they need to break in, i dunno, but i was expecting something magical. and honestly a good polished metal to metal contact surface feels WAY better
    sounds like Simon's making his own, so shouldn't have that issue. replaceable sacrificial surface will be nice.

Ptfe bushings are nice.

working on trying to get a few designs done before the PBE release...

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    working on trying to get a few designs done before the PBE release...
    look really nice.

They are "ok" lol prolly going to put them through some vapor smoothing this week if I can crank out enough of them. Added a new part cooler to the printer and it is printing 1000x better so I might just end up scrapping the ones I've done already and just reprint them...