Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: More small hopper ideas

Supports Inception Designs
    I have to agree about the battery issue. It would be nice to have smaller lithium rechargeables like the rectangular ones I posted earlier, but It would be best to have a backup plan when they die or if you forget to charge them.

An idea would be to have a 9V to USB charger so you could charge your batteries from a 9V battery. It'd probably be easier if you just put a 9V in a hopper but this would allow smaller batteries to be used in the loader as well as have a way to "power" the loader with existing batteries if the hopper one is dead.
    Similar to this

or even something simpler like this. Although, I seem to remember a problem they had with heating up a lot.

Another ridiculous idea (but cool if it would work) would be to put a solar panel on the uppermost section of the hopper so on sunny days you could charge your loader while you played.
    Something like this but with a smaller or multiple panels.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skibbo; 05-24-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Have some ideas for new shells; drawing them is a PITA though. I've always been terrible at them.

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    This is pretty much how I feel also. I don't think it will be long until you can get them in gas stations though.
    Please don't go with a special batteries. I can barely get my teammates to have working batteries in their rotors (which you need to change once a year).
    I would even say not to 9V in the hopper because they are more expensive then AA batteries.

I hate 9v batteries. They really suck. I won't be using them in anything other than a gun any time soon, and even then I would try to avoid it.

I hate 9v batteries. They really suck. I won't be using them in anything other than a gun any time soon, and even then I would try to avoid it.
    It would be great to avoid 9V as much as possible. Having a rechargeable battery in the loader with a hookup that would allow it to be charged from a 9V or similar output battery pack/wall/USB charger that would probably be the best. I do like Lurker's idea of having a separately mounted battery pack; but having wires going through/around the gun isn't the best option. I do think that abiding by a KISS principle keeps the battery pack on the hopper and would dictate a battery pack that uses commonly available batteries. If a simple solution that avoids one of these is possible it'd be worth looking into.

Here is my idea. Try moving the motor to the top of the hopper. It should allow for a lower over all profile. My need to increase the length of the hopper to end up with the 100 round capacity, but still should not make it to long. This is a quick design I came up with in Illustrator. Sorry it is pretty rough, be awhile since I have used it. Let me know what you think.

My-little-hopper.jpg

Would AAA's be an option? Smaller and lighter than AA's, as a hopper aimed at pump players, 10-15 BPS should be more than enough. Really like the rechargeable pack idea. As long as you also included a way to use regular batteries.

Welcome Dave, A hopper with a motor from the top you say... I give you the mach 404 from ZAP...

Here's the Warpig article on it.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/mach/

Quote Originally Posted by pumpmonkey_dave View Post
    Would AAA's be an option? Smaller and lighter than AA's, as a hopper aimed at pump players, 10-15 BPS should be more than enough. Really like the rechargeable pack idea. As long as you also included a way to use regular batteries.
    They are, the sound activated loaders from Empire were often run on AAA's to keep the weight down, the original designer of the sound activated electronics, Joel Anderson, always ran his that way. You save a little weight and size in doing so, but lose out on battery life.

AAA's would be an option but you'd still need the battery pack which can take up a bit more room than a rechargeable battery although the rechargeable needs a way to charge it which may take up that same room.
    I think I might buy a rechargeable battery to test it out and see how long it'll last when it's kept constantly on.
    Once I get settled in after my move/new job I'll try to see what I can do with a new shell design if people still want another option. I'll have to look at the normal HALO shell and try to draw that first so I can get some experience in hopper design.