Page 377 of 418 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Pricing on the Gladiator came out, as cool as a convertible truck is, I think it?s priced to shore up FCAs bottom line, not what it?s worth... guess we?ll see, but the Rubicon starting at 45k gets really expensive with just a few option boxes ticked.
    Definitely not cheap. But it's been known for a while that it wouldn't be wallet-friendly. I bet they sell like hotcakes.

If a 2 door was offered, I'd already be planning on a manual Rubicon. But the 4 door wheelbase is just too long for wheeling in rocks.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    Jalopnik's review is up. Unsurprisingly glowing. The want is strong, and there's already dealers offering 5% under invoice.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    and there's already dealers offering 5% under invoice.
    Yikes. That's generally a sign of unease about a vehicle being able to sell. Either that or the holdback on them is gigantic and the 5% can be absorbed without making the dealer basically be in a position of just moving the metal and making nothing at all on the truck. Either way, not generally how a new model is released.

please post trigger warning on demuro content.

*only slightly kidding*
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 04-02-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I love/Hate my 2012 JKU.

It is one of the most fun vehicles I have ever owned including my twin turbo corvette and Lotus's.

It is by far the worst quality vehicle I have ever owned, including the Lotus I lemon law'd and got 40% of my money back on.

It's build quality and driving is shit. Even brand new JK vehicles in stock configuration that I test drove off the forecourt (mine is lifted on 33's) and even the new JL Jeeps just released are reporting death wobble. WTF! On a brand new vehicle how have them not fixed an issue that has been there for generations?

Parts come loose and rattle. New vehicles have a horrific level of NVH.

But take off the doors and roof and use it as a daily in the way I do and I am able to overlook all of that, but only because I didn't pay anywhere near what they ask for a new one. After test driving a bunch of new and certified used I actually bought an insurance write off and rebuilt it as I ended up with a better vehicle for a fraction of the cost that way. As much as I want one of the new ones, there is just no way they are worth what they are asking in my opinion.

Now if Toyota were to do fun off road vehicle right, (removable roof and doors) and not make it fugly (FJ Cruiser) then I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Am curious to see how the Ford Bronco is when they release it...

Insider
    I think they're just going to go for volume.

I've been playing with the configuration based on reviews I think I can get a Sport S with everything I want for well under the starting price of a Rubicon.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

I really liked Doug Demuro's fairly recent review of the McLaren F1. There's something about a lot of his videos that rubs me the wrong way as he walks through the car features, BUT... for some reason it worked in the F1 video and it helped to have Jay Leno drive it around while talking to him. The best part, though - and what makes the video, is the looks of pure joy that you see on Doug's face every time Jay decides to rev the engine on what looks like the 405.

I don't really think I'm the right target for Demuro's videos, but there's nothing I would think of as triggering. Too many trucks and sedans?

Insider
    Doug is an acquired taste. I read his columns before he got into the videos, which I think tempers my perspective.