Page 379 of 418 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

SIL just informed me she's pregnant.

She's been seeing this guy for like 6mos and he's her rebound after her failed ~2yr long marriage.

Not really sure how to feel about this whole scenario. Feels like she's moving too fast.

Insider
    People are gonna make questionable and bad decisions no matter what you tell em. Just hope for the best and be a good uncle when the time comes, being a good brother doesn?t require you to affirm or encourage your sil ?s actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    People are gonna make questionable and bad decisions no matter what you tell em. Just hope for the best and be a good uncle when the time comes, being a good brother doesn?t require you to affirm or encourage your sil ?s actions.
    You're 100% right.

Thanks, think I needed to hear that.

A child could be a good thing. Sure, its not the best situation, but you won't ever know till you cross that bridge. Be supportive of her no matter what. That is the best thing you can do. And in 10 years, take the kid out paintballing like a good uncle should

There's train wrecks, and there's success stories. Back in the day, I met a girl at work after a series of really weirdly screwed-up relationships. Two weeks into dating, she was pregnant. We didn't find out for another month or so following that, though. Fast forward to today, we've been together 27 years, married now for 25 of those, 5 kids, 3 grandkids. A good relationship is a good relationship.

Insider
    Congrats on that, pump! Funny old thing, life.

not to put a damper on it, or criticize anyone's successful or happy lives, but if its gonna be, it can just be. there is no reason to rush into things half assed and unprepared gambling on the word of some internet heroes saying it sometimes works out.

like, i do more planning and research when doing an oil change on a car i've never worked on than that.

humans are insane creatures. then again i've turned down 3 women when they have hit me with the "you'd better propose or we're done" talk. nope, not a thing, im out.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 04-17-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

like, i do more planning and research when doing an oil change on a car i've never worked on than that."

Yeah, but since when does planning and research actually meet reality in a relationship...

Not saying to be reckless but it's going to be what it's going to be, there's no predictive power to be found.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    like, i do more planning and research when doing an oil change on a car i've never worked on than that."

Yeah, but since when does planning and research actually meet reality in a relationship...

Not saying to be reckless but it's going to be what it's going to be, there's no predictive power to be found.
    this post doesn't make sense.

if its going to be an amazing, life long relationship with children, there is no sense rushing in and risking ruining possibly 3 people's lives. let it grow into that relationship, dont try to force and and find out it wasn't that and risk it all.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    That's a fantastically logical response, yet his point is that emotions are involved, which precludes your logic.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.