Thread: Spire feeding inconsistantly

Spire feeding inconsistantly

I have had issues with my spire since I got it. At first I used it with an etek and it wouldn't feed right. Now I have an insight and it feeds but only a few shots at a time. If I ramp for a few seconds I can get maybe ten balls down range before it stops shooting. Then I can one ball but not fast. I messed with the setting after each game but can't get it to feed consistently. I am well aware that a spring ramp is very helpful in preventing the last few balls from being stuck but it's having problems when full. First I tried stock settings, then upped the sensitivity when it wasn't feeding with each shot. Then, I turned the pressure down because it was popcorning and spinning faster than I was shooting when I ramped. It has fresh batteries and I don't know what to do at this point. I am considering getting a rotor and letting someone else figure this out all I want is to be able to fire a shot every time I pull the trigger. Is that so much to ask?

I'd call Virtue, they have very good customer service.

When you call them have the loader in hand so they can walk you thru some possible solutions.

VIRTUE PAINTBALL
    40-14 Oser Ave.
    Hauppauge, NY 11788
    phone: (631) 617-5346
    fax: (631) 619-5349
    info@virtuepaintball.com

Going back to a Rotor isnt a good option, you already have the better loader, just let them figure out what the issue is.

endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I'd call Virtue, they have very good customer service.

When you call them have the loader in hand so they can walk you thru some possible solutions.

VIRTUE PAINTBALL
    40-14 Oser Ave.
    Hauppauge, NY 11788
    phone: (631) 617-5346
    fax: (631) 619-5349
    info@virtuepaintball.com

Going back to a Rotor isnt a good option, you already have the better loader, just let them figure out what the issue is.

Mailed it into them today. Some pieces were broken like the retention clip for the drive cone. Hopefully they will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureEngineer View Post
    Mailed it into them today. Some pieces were broken like the retention clip for the drive cone. Hopefully they will fix it.
    They get you taken care of ?

They get you taken care of ?
    Fuck yeah they did! Updated the board, replaced the drive cone, sent me a free microfiber, and even installed the new back plate that didn't even come out until PBE! It was there and back in less than a week!
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg

That's awesome.

Awesome.

What is the update supposed to be fixing anyway ?

I have two Spires and an extra shell.

Awesome.

What is the update supposed to be fixing anyway ?

I have two Spires and an extra shell.
    New back plate is tool less and self contained so you can pop it off and not have springs and buttons fly out.
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg