Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoother Empire Sniper Mods. Inception Designs inspired.

Smoother Empire Sniper Mods. Inception Designs inspired.

You wants eliminate/reduce the chance of chopping a paintball because you thought you pumped it far enough back but didn't?
    You wants to back out the IVG on your Empire Sniper for a lighter and smoother stroke?

You have come to the right place.

History about the mod:
    This mod is a Inception Designs inspired and developed via discussion on the simonized.com forums(The discussion thread where mod originated). Simon Stevens(founder/owner of Inception Designs, formerly of KEE) created the first set for me shortly after PSP World Cup 2012. It made a huge difference in the way the gun felt. The original two 2 guns are owned by FunSI00 on MCB and Troyus of PBN.
    INCEPTION DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Problem:
    With the stock Empire Sniper, your gun will cock before a paintball is loaded into the breech(see first picture below). This often leads to blank shots or pinched/chopped paintballs by the bolt.

The Solution
    Once it is modded, the cocking point and beech opening point is exactly the same.

The Price
    Option 1 (Full Gun): $35 + return shipping
    Send me your entire Sniper.
    We do the milling/modifications.
    We reassemble your marker along with timing and tuning your sniper before shipping it back to you.
    Please don't send me a gun covered in mud and old paint. There will be an additional $5 if you you ship me a marker caked in mud and old paint.

Option 2 (Stripped): $30 + return shipping
    You disassemble your gun and send me the body, detents, hammer(with lug) and main pump guide rod.

Side notes
    Shipping to Me: Please use USPS with tracking and insurance.
    Shipping to You: We will use USPS with tracking and insurance.
    Turnaround time: 1.5 week from when I received them to when you get it back.
    Profit: Simon doesn't want any money for the work but we will support him in 1 way or another.

Pieces that Modify
    Last edited by noclue119; 05-24-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Supports Inception Designs
    Awesome. Messed around with a teammate's sniper this past weekend at Legends and I noticed this problem. Glad you guys have been on top of it for a while now.

If only we can get a private label Simonized Sniper with this mod done.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Found a spring that works. Shoots 280 FPS at 140 PSI and IVG flush.

Last edited by noclue119; 06-06-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Nice. Good to see it's not burping
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
    Found a spring that works. Shoots 280 FPS at 140 PSI and IVG flush.
    That's nice! I suspect it helps running that Eigenbarrel too...

Reballs can chrono higher than normal paint would as they are often lighter.

Love the video

i always found stoning off the guide rods helps on any sniper setup .... of course unless you have the stone available to you, its pretty hard to justify doing it at 350 bucks for a pair. really cleans up the marks that form on the guide rods if you can find a set of stones at work or somethng
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-07-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i always found stoning off the guide rods helps on any sniper setup .... of course unless you have the stone available to you, its pretty hard to justify doing it at 350 bucks for a pair. really cleans up the marks that form on the guide rods if you can find a set of stones at work or somethng
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but it seems like something I should be aware of. Link/explain please?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but it seems like something I should be aware of. Link/explain please?
    http://www.airbearings.com/flatstones

you rub them together to make them flat (they are ground flat with diamond, but all materials change size, thats why they come in sets of two), down to a couple of micro-inches, and then use them on "flat" ground or machined metal surfaces to make them truly flat. you can also use them to re-flaten your granite tables and such. you'd be amazed just how much metal changes size, even just sitting on the bench for a couple of days, on this scale, it changes.

stoning is a lifestyle in the precision industry. i used to have a personal set from when i interned at professional instruments, but we have sets all over the place where i work now, so there is never a shortage.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-07-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    http://www.airbearings.com/flatstones

you rub them together to make them flat (they are ground flat with diamond, but all materials change size), down to a couple of micro-inches, and then use them on "flat" ground or machined metal surfaces to make them truly flat. you can also use them to re-flaten your granite tables and such. you'd be amazed just how much metal changes size, even just sitting on the bench.

stoning is a lifestyle in the precision industry. i used to have a personal set from when i interned at professional instruments, but we have sets all over the place where i work now, so there is never a shortage.
    Interesting. I just used a Dremel to polish out the scratches and gunk build that on the 2 pump arms. The main guide rod is left untouched. But I do notice lots of wear marks on the main guide rod over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That's nice! I suspect it helps running that Eigenbarrel too...

Reballs can chrono higher than normal paint would as they are often lighter.

Love the video
    Thanks Simon, ya I am hoping that is the case. I think running a higher PSI will help efficiency.
    BTW the valve spring is on its way to you. Once I find a main spring I'll send it your way too.