Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Andy's Firemag Unibody

There was a MQ valve prototype for the Mag but it never went anywhere. And he's not doing development on it right now - but could be poked and prodded.

Saw it on pbn, pretty sure that is just an MQ valve and not much else going on.

I mean, if you're going to put an MQ valve into an automag, why not shoot an Axe? Andy has some pretty baller customization options for that marker too.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Sir, how did you fabricate you r single trigger ion guard?

Have a link to the mq mag?

From PBN

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post97911961

Quote Originally Posted by robtown31 View Post
    got it to work.
    so Tadaaaaa
    I did not make it.
    It was done by Mike Quinn. He was cleaning out some gear and found it in a box of things he made for paintball markers.
    He would love to see one of the AO community pick up the project and have fun with it.

http://
    endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I mean, if you're going to put an MQ valve into an automag, why not shoot an Axe? Andy has some pretty baller customization options for that marker too.
    This is where I'm at. The mag community already got their upgrade models, and we've known about them for years. If you want to be "cutting edge", shoot an Axe. It's got great customizations aftermarket both inside and out. If you want to keep that mechanical feel, the Crossover XVR is the marker for you.

I don't think this thread is going anywhere.

With either of those options you are supporting GI, a patent troll (Smart Parts 2.0).

Bad choice period.

But whatever floats your boat.

I'll stick with my Automags.

endeavor to persevere.......

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by CFCrew View Post
    ...I have been looking for that BeOranged bolt combo since forever...
    I got it from Action Village back in 2009. I haven't seen any other examples online or in person (I suspect they were a bigger company over in Europe than they were over here).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt131Steck View Post
    Sir, how did you fabricate you r single trigger ion guard?
    Basically, I remember doing something like this:

• I used a dremel cutoff wheel to cut the trigger guard off at both ends.
    • I filed the grip frame smooth to remove any residuals of the guard.
    • I flipped the guard around (so that the bottom end became the top) and cut slots into the frame wide enough to receive the ends.*
    • I cut/ground the ends of the guard piece so that each end had two posts/pegs and, I drilled holes in the slots to receive the pegs.*
    • I filled the holes with JB Weld, pressed the guard into place and let it set. After it dried I used more JB Weld (with sanding/filing) to blend and smooth all the joints down. At this time, I also added/formed a trigger stop (with JB Weld) at the lower-inside area of the guard to prevent over-travel of the trigger (since the normal stop point for a double finger ion trigger is down low on the trigger).

* The placement and depth of the slots/holes were such that the guard is held there under tension but, not so much that it snaps the guard.

After all that was done, I found an aluminum aftermarket Ion trigger and, cut it down to fit. Surprisingly, that guard will hold the entire gun (warp feed, loader and all) and I can shake the gun around a bit. However, when I tried repeating this process on another frame, I snapped the guard.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    With either of those options you are supporting GI, a patent troll (Smart Parts 2.0).

Bad choice period.

But whatever floats your boat.

I'll stick with my Automags.

GI was not involved in design or production of either of those markers. That's a different argument to complain about the company that's swallowed 3/4's of the market.