Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: History and back-end information of the "little guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    Good too hear!
    I like your engineering on DSR.

Yea, the ASA was was replaced pretty quick by most owners.
    Thank you.

If you don't mind me asking, what process did you guys use to get the finish on your bolt? Type III with electropolish and brite dip?

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Thank you.

If you don't mind me asking, what process did you guys use to get the finish on your bolt? Type III with electropolish and brite dip?
    Hmm, you are putting me in a hard spot from the get go in this forum Irony!
    A big part of me wants to share all details of the production process and the engineering that went into the Crome, but that one i can't tell. Sorry
    But most parts i can share and discuss i think. It's just that some R&D took a lot of time, effort and money. I think you understand!? And it's never wrong to ask
    On the history side i have no limitations!

Haha, it was worth a shot. I rather like a few of the more subtle details of the crome, namely the way the solenoid is tied in, the well shaped rocket cone and the bolt finish.

Insider
    Hi

First time posting

Pikkadoll (Regency, Crome) was run by me, my brother and a pbfriend of us. So PG has not been involved in Regency.
    Thank you for straightening me out! Considering the number of stories J&M had, I suspect there were some... enhancements.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    Heard a 'rumor' that F1 is making some plans that seem pretty well thought out actually, and it is a matter of setting up a supply network more than anything.

But yeah, a 'modern Angel'? Seems like a G6R or Ego to me. Not sure how much further that design can go.

Still wondering why nobody else has revamped the pneumatic hammer from a PGI Osiris for Autocockers though, so I'm trying to machine one myself. I'm trying to see if I can use a lever valve like Planet Eclipse does too. Pretty much an Angel inside of a cocker then... minus the hammer attached to the open bolt part.
    I did a bit of concept work on an Angel when according to J&M the WDP guys talked to them about making a new angel. I looked at a staged ram, balanced poppet idea, with the tube (they still wanted 3) for the battery holding valve air and an LPR you could adjust from the back. Then the gas through from the grip reg would just tap into the body and fill the valve chamber. I never showed them the idea though, just was a bit in CAD. Going with an aluminum ram with a steel tip to a balanced poppet could have really lightened the action, especially with a staged ram.

Now, I was curious why nobody did the PGI Firestorm as a gun. It wasn't closed bolt per say, but it was a stupid simple operation that was decent on paint. It would stop on paint and cancel the cycle. For a mid to low end, that makes a lot of sense.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I did a bit of concept work on an Angel when according to J&M the WDP guys talked to them about making a new angel. I looked at a staged ram, balanced poppet idea, with the tube (they still wanted 3) for the battery holding valve air and an LPR you could adjust from the back. Then the gas through from the grip reg would just tap into the body and fill the valve chamber. I never showed them the idea though, just was a bit in CAD. Going with an aluminum ram with a steel tip to a balanced poppet could have really lightened the action, especially with a staged ram.
    Stop it.....you're killing me by describing that awesomeness that never materialized.
    OlllllllO

PGI firestorm looks like a FASOR kit and there have been a plethora of FASORS including the legend.

Insider
    It kinda is. But it isn't also, and the difference is a big deal. Also, nobody makes a FASOR at the moment? Or do they? Seems a great milsim marker.

The Firestorm is basically a two part FASOR. The Bolt weighted less and had a lighter spring and a smaller piston, but was a FASOR bolt. But it was separate in action from the hammer, though with the same input air.

So when you pulled the trigger the bolt would close first. Then the hammer would hit and fire. BUT, and this is the fun part:

The bolt, having a lighter forward action, would often stop on a ball. Since the position of the bolt at that point wouldn't allow air from the transfer port to go through it, the gun would huff, and reset. No fowl. No broken paint.

You can see where that would make a great entry level marker. Simple, and stops on paint. Well, at least the big old marbles Big Ball was. But you get the idea. Shoot, a little pulse valve and it can be mech. I figured at some point I would build a test dummy to see if it makes sense as a product. Easy enough to do, and compared to an E Spyder it would be smooth and fast and easy on paint. Simple MR1 milling? That would be a decent product.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    This leads me to a question that is maybe dumb:

Could one create an autococker such that the trigger only controls the bolt, and the bolt triggers the hammer tube upon going fully forward?

So the sequence is:

Bolt goes backwards, cocking hammer
    Bolt goes forward, drops sear
    Hammer forward

It's actually an autodecocker and is open loop, but it would be a much lighter pull than a normal cocker. You could also make the pull even shorter than normal by going to a FASOR ram and an MSV style switch instead of a cocker 3 way.

@ josh has anyone ever actually made the pulse valve I've seen you reference?
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Insider
    Ryan, you just invented the Vector! Or the Rainmaker.

They were Nelson based, but that is basically how they worked. I remember somebody did it with a cocker and some other bit.

I did a pulse valve for a mech, milsim version of the ZR-1 a while back. Danial Jones filed a patent in about 2012(?) for a bunch of pulse valves for markers also. Might be abandoned?

https://patents.google.com/patent/US...S20140026878A1

They referenced an Ion, Shocker, and a FASOR.

There are a couple ways we are looking at doing the pulse valve for the Torque. The adjustable variable being either bleed hole adjustment (needle valve) or volume adjustment. Just one, to keep from having them both be adjustable and the user getting confused. It can be done with a 3-way, and just changing the hose and a slightly different shaft.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 01-24-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com