Page 415 of 418 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    FFS, take it to the OT:Politics thread. You've already got a personal blog space there anyway.
    didnt know protesting the cold blooded murder in broad daylight by the police, with police protection was a political issue, and reporting the facts on the ground and what is happening was either. :shrug:

im sorry that makes you uncomfortable. im sorry those facts and realities do not fit with what you thought before. that must be uncomfortable for you.

being murdered by the cops is probably pretty uncomfortable too.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Maybe its because this is not your site, to do or post as you please.

No one is saying what happened was not wrong, its just maybe some don't wish to see you post about everytbing and anything from you

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Maybe its because this is not your site, to do or post as you please.

No one is saying what happened was not wrong, its just maybe some don't wish to see you post about everytbing and anything from you
    ho kay. i'll just write everything from a strangers perspective then i guess. lol

do you guys ever read what you post and actually spend some time thinking through it?

id love to have a discussion on all these topics, just no one else seems to be you know, on the ground in the middle of it, owning property here, living here, and working here. so that gives me a bit of different perspective compared to just reading about it. i mean, is the story making it out? ive seen a lot of police brutality/stupidity videos making it out, but is the story of just how useless the cops are making it out? i feel like a lot of folks still have this false notion that its cops versus protesters, or neighbors versus protesters, when that isn't the case on the ground. im constantly having to tell the story that its not cops versus protesters, its the community versus the others. and that there are multiple factions out here, all doing different things. but generally, the protesters are neighbors, the aid stations and workers are protesters, the neighborhood watches, are protesters. the people cleaning up, are also protesting. the people giving out supplies, are protesting. its the community versus the others. the others mostly being 1. the cops, who are not here to help anyone, or protect anything 2. the army/NG, who are just trying to be as transparent as possible and fade away because they REALLY dont want to be here, 3. the nazis, who are here to try and start a race war, who are interested in mostly attacking anything black/minority but they also know that attacking houses/the community, will get the fucked over instantly. this is why the nazis have been so ineffective, no one wants them here, they have no support.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-03-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

You've had this issue for a VERY long time where you'll be on a forum, shove your soapbox straight down people's throats, and then when they disagree with you at all, they're stupid/ignorant/idiots/intolerant/racist/etc. And then you get vulgar. Your delivery and methods suck, and it screws up any sort of message you might be trying to convey. It's a shame, too, because I suspect a lot of us know that you're an intelligent guy, but know that you also have a real challenge interacting with others in a decent fashion.

eh, people died here, i dont think your comfort level reading my post is especially important. and the argument it somehow is, is problematic at best. eye on ball. how rude or not rude a backwater paintball forum post is to you matters a lot less than folks dead in the street.

its been a few days, and my philosophical thoughts based on my experience have some what solidified. seems like every day there there was something new, but when we kicked out the nazis, that was kinda the last bit of new data and since then things have stabilized in my mind. its obvious fundamental change is needed. the entire role of the police in society is broken. less than 2% of crimes are violent, but most crimes are responded to by officers armed, trained in violence, and protected legally for doing violence, whos only real tool is dealing of violence. upwards of 75% to 90% of 911 calls should go to social workers of some type. the police as they are now are instruments of violence, and they are very good at it. and there are times when, in the enforcing of laws, violence is necessary. but the VAST majority of crime can be enforced without violence or weapons. the role of "police" needs to be broken down largely into social work of different types. we also need to take away the military weapons from we do keep around to do violence on our behalf.

in general in terms of updates, the cops continue to act like the mob running a protection racket. several city council members who have previously spoken out against the police, published well documented significant slowdowns in police reporting from past years to calls in there areas, you know, cause protection rackets are legal as long as they are the boys in blue. tape came out yesterday of the MPD and state troopers slicing protester car tires. so thats cool. the polices strategy really does seem to be keep breaking the law and abusing the very people they claim they are here to protect. it really is "the beatings will continue until moral improves" literally. the beatings will continue as long as the protests do. the cops are tired as hell though, and you can tell when you see them.

politically, and on the ground, its hard to argue the protests arnt wildly effective. the city council has a veto proof majority now to defund, and fundamentally reform the police, so changes are going to happen. they already passed several small reforms including banning all neck restraints, but most people here call that small potatoes (because it is). protests remain as popular as ever, with the kicking out of the nazis, the only threat to them remains the cops, and so they seem to actually be getting bigger. so the political pressure for change is as strong as ever. if change doesn't happen i think things will turn violent again. but only the political force of the police union is stopping progress, and its pretty clear the city has turned against them.

if anyone had a realistic possibility of abolishing policing as we know it today on there 2020 bingo card ... hell, even 2 weeks ago .... what a wild time.

powerful bit, written by a former cop. the bit about when he was being the best cop for his community, he was being a mediocre, untrained, sloppy .... social worker.

https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confess...p-bb14d17bc759

this is more formal than what happened in Minneapolis, but same notion. the neighborhoods banded together and provided security for themselves against the invading nazis, while rejecting the cops attempts at authority. in Seattle they have actually taken control of 8 blocks of the city explicitly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capito...xE4t3N7mNMzZrQ

also, when anarcho liberals create galt's gulch, and conservatives think its a terror state, 2020 is that fucking lit.

MPD chief of police ends contract negotiation with the police union: https://kstp.com/news/-minneapolis-p...roTXo8-HtSXouE

thats pretty big news. breaking the police union is key to solving this problem.

MCarterBrown looks like it got deleted?

https://www.reddit.com/r/paintball/c..._gone_forever/
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

recently got an apology from a mod on MCB via facebook for how he treated me. he was never one of the bad ones (drum), and i never thought badly of him, but i thought it was big of him to admit he was wrong how he and they treated me. seems like a lifetime ago ...

would be a huge shame to lose mcb.