Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: DNA Development Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Engineer View Post
    Excellent! I have a cocker SR that is in serious need of a new board/oled screen.
    Amen, I'm in the same boat with the SR.

hoping to see the video soon

Wow, I just got back on the internet after a year and I completely missed this!?! This is awesome. Super tiny full function board looks like for anything. BUT, can it drive a Tippmann C3? Turned semi via ram like Autococker and solenoid metered propane? It would need to drive 2 solenoids and a sparkplug. (I don't have this, but it is an idea I had about 4 years ago) This board seems to be the only thing that would make this idea possible.

Didn't Tippmann discontinue the C3 because it heated up too much as a pump or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
    Didn't Tippmann discontinue the C3 because it heated up too much as a pump or something like that?
    I believe that's why the C3 couldn't be made as a semi.

The C3 couldn't be made semi because of Tippmann. Tippmanns aren't very efficient, even the C3 is only 2.5% efficient which is why there is a massive heating issue. If you fixed the efficiency, then there would be way less heat buildup. I have a design that would fix efficiency, but want to keep it myself in case I ever get to make a new marker for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by betasniper View Post
    The C3 couldn't be made semi because of Tippmann. Tippmanns aren't very efficient, even the C3 is only 2.5% efficient which is why there is a massive heating issue. If you fixed the efficiency, then there would be way less heat buildup. I have a design that would fix efficiency, but want to keep it myself in case I ever get to make a new marker for sale.
    Do you have it built and running? I know over the years many people have looked at making a semi version running on a combustion system with limited success. I still think there is huge potential there if you can get over the legal and marketing issues, but that's best kept for another thread.

I would love to have built it, but at the time I thought of it, there wasn't a universal board that I could use to run it seeing as in needed 2 solenoids and an ignition circuit and I have terrible time with electronics. I jotted the Idea down, but never tried to fully design it. Now that I know this board can at least consider the possibility, I am starting to draft up the design. Now what would a barrel shroud for a tournament gun look like?

betasniper: If you want to commercialize it and keep it all proprietary I suggest copyrighting/patenting/trademarking the appropriate aspects and then start a thread here for help in which you outline benefits for people helping you. For example offer 50% off the purchase price of a production model for anyone contributing their thoughts that affect the end design. That is just an example. This way you can keep it to yourself if you want and still get help in solving the last few issues.

If I can make progress on electronic engineering you can. Considering the creator of the DNA board is here, I am sure you can get help learning to wire up your ideas to it.

However, consider that something like this needs to be freed. Think how cool it has been that using high pressure air (HPA) was not restricted to one marker. You could let the general method of using the propane be known and keep ownership of your specific marker design. Also consider your marker, do you really think that it is so great that Kee and Tippmann, etc, are going to immediately copy it when it comes out? If so I understand. If not consider that 99.999% of potential customers will not have the ability to manufacture it but you (presumably) do, and if the design was opened you at the very least would always be equal to everyone as you can use their improvements. Something to contemplate.

Sounds to me like you are close and have the most important aspect figured out, but are not there all the way yet. Getting there might require the help of bright paintball minds like Simon and other (not me) people here. So please strongly consider my first suggestion. And it comes down to it never being done verses it being done but it is owned by the world, I would think the later would be better.

Insider
    Supports Inception Designs
    Supports Inception Designs
    Is there a status LED on the DNA board or on the button board.. or both
    IE- if not running the OLED, what is the feedbeck method to the user when they push buttons, etc?

Also.. When can I get one?