Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: We need to make this... Brutus Rotary Mag fed pistol!

updates?

I managed to score a dozen 303 mags recently. (13 actually but one is already on it way to be tinkered with.)

...how?!
    Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.

I have been doing lots of searches and these popped up on another forum. I will be selling some of them I only want 5 for myself.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by FLounder View Post
    I have been doing lots of searches and these popped up on another forum. I will be selling some of them I only want 5 for myself.
    I'd take one or two for operational spares.

However, I'd be very careful in dismantling one. The spring will be a serious PITA to get back in properly without a jig of sorts. Curiousity got the better of me for one of mine, and I found that the spring is not captive in either half of the mechanism (like most watch mainsprings are). I was fortunate enough to get mine back together and it's working properly but, it was very difficult (holding the spring tab in place as you close the mechanism, while maintaining tension and orientation.... Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the inside.

do we have any updates on the gun itself?
    Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.

Supports Inception Designs
    No. I haven't really had much interest in doing it, sadly.
    I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point. If anyone wants the files (Inventor 2014) let me know. I should be able to output to solidworks too. I think it basically just needs a body, then can probably get prototyped.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    do we have any updates on the gun itself?
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Do you need a R7 for measurements?

I would be happy to lend it out for this....

Also, as another point of reference.... I am sure most have seen this vid but just in case...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Rm...8siEYf6w5rZzgQ
    Last edited by D3adpool; 03-07-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Love the look of that R7, you hand feeding FSRs? Who did that barrel for you? Asked SSC to do a mine Kaner Tactical like that (freak bored and then windows to see the insert), wanted over $100 to do it. Too rich for my blood.

Bummer about that video is that Scenario Dreams has basically closed up shop. Haven't seen him complete anything in years. His custom rifle (the one in the video) was promising but he didn't like the custom mags he had to make for it. He was reworking if to take Scarab Arms mags I think but never finished. All he really needed to do on that was add a tube that would refill his mag as it rotated, like this old rotary mag fed Sheridan. I would totally lug that beauty everywhere I played if I had one.

The tip is a Carter Whoosh. That alone was maybe a $100.

The freak and flute milling cost me maybe $65 all in if I recall correctly.

Yup hand feeding FSRs