Page 132 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I think the ACLUs statement is hilarious. Sad, but hilarious.

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-comme...-jeff-sessions

But don't worry guys, Irony says the GoP isn't racist. The ACLU is just a bunch of libtards anyway.
    civil liberties are cuck
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by d0cwho View Post
    You aren?t going to convince anyone of your views if you constantly insult them. It?ll just make them shut down and harden in their views. That?s how we got Trump because both sides think the other one is an idiot.
    they are unreachable, if this world hasn't convinced them, nothing is going to. you saw it right here, they don't care that trump put children in cages and made them defend themselves in court. hurting people is the point, liberals being mad is a feature, its means they are winning. they arn't negotiating in good faith. as we have seen, in this very thread, they know they are lying, they don't care.

the only thing we can do is consistently outvote them. tuesday was a good decent start, but we need to consistently out vote them for the next 3 or 4 cycles to turn this country around. in the meantime, the next two months is gonna be some really strange shit, lame duck sessions in house and senate are gonna be pretty wild, and full of all sorts of shit. plus the usual, trump trying his damnedest to obstruct justice. he will probably get away with it too.

id love to see us play dirty. following the rules only got us fucked. and as we've seen, republicans dont give a shit about the rules. fighting with one arm tied behind our backs.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-08-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    I would love to believe that the Mueller investigation will amount to something but Steve I done gotten my hopes up before and been burnt
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I would love to believe that the Mueller investigation will amount to something but Steve I done gotten my hopes up before and been burnt
    if trump is smart he will fire everyone right now, and commit the obstruction right now. no electoral consequences, and with top cover from the senate and still the house. its his best shot at getting away with it. by January, he'll have done and said so many more stupid things, we won't be talking about mueller anymore. I expect he fires mueller and breaks up the investigation by the end of the week.

meanwhile, i think stone, and junior are likely already indicted, sealed. there is a lot of evidence that there are even more indictments still sealed.

will it be too little too late to save trump? it was when goldwater and other republicans marched up the capitol hill and told nixon he was going to be impeached. but we don't have republicans like goldwater around anymore. mitch and ryan, are likely complicit, if not actually guilty of crimes themselves. they forced kauvinuah through for exactly this moment.

then again mueller isn't stupid. in a gamble between the FBI, CIA, NSA and new york state law enforcement, and trump ... i bet on the FBI. he has to know that trump was/is going to fire him and try to break up the investigation. he's got to have a plan. i think new york state law enforcement is likely that back up plan, they have there own RICO laws, and every one of those crimes happened in NYC ...
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-08-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    they are unreachable, if this world hasn't convinced them, nothing is going to. you saw it right here, they don't care that trump put children in cages and made them defend themselves in court. hurting people is the point, liberals being mad is a feature, its means they are winning. they arn't negotiating in good faith. as we have seen, in this very thread, they know they are lying, they don't care.

the only thing we can do is consistently outvote them. tuesday was a good decent start, but we need to consistently out vote them for the next 3 or 4 cycles to turn this country around. in the meantime, the next two months is gonna be some really strange shit, lame duck sessions in house and senate are gonna be pretty wild, and full of all sorts of shit. plus the usual, trump trying his damnedest to obstruct justice. he will probably get away with it too.

id love to see us play dirty. following the rules only got us fucked. and as we've seen, republicans dont give a shit about the rules. fighting with one arm tied behind our backs.
    I think you are confusing politicians with voters.

I think you are confusing politicians with voters.
    if 2 years of the trump presidency hasn't convinced them (and it hasn't) ... no argument we pose online is going to change them.

30-40% of the country is happy, and likes what trump is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    if 2 years of the trump presidency hasn't convinced them (and it hasn't) ... no argument we pose online is going to change them.

30-40% of the country is happy, and likes what trump is doing.
    I think you are painting some people with a broad brush. Regardless, if that's your belief, why engage or throw out insults at all then? Aren't you just creating a self-fulfilling prophecy that liberals are jackasses and think little of other people, which then drives those same voters to the polls to support Trump?

I think you are painting some people with a broad brush. Regardless, if that's your belief, why engage or throw out insults at all then? Aren't you just creating a self-fulfilling prophecy that liberals are jackasses and think little of other people, which then drives those same voters to the polls to support Trump?
    trump's approval rating is 41% right now. its over 85% among republicans. probably higher with the kauviaugh thing, nothing unites republicans like fucking over women. make no mistake, they like what is happening in our country. hurting people is the point. making liberals mad is a feature, not a flaw.

why do i do what i do and how i do it? #1, its true, and that should always be a good reason to do something. #2, cause im pissed. #3, cause someone has to do something about fascism, making friends with it isn't helping. #4 cause im a troll, and nothing is great troll bate like people with no ability to self examine.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-08-2018 at 10:23 AM.

trump lies, and his supporters don't care: https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.bf509e09b2d1

Even at his worst, Trump's approval rating never fell below 36%. You probably don't even remember what asinine shit he was doing at the time, we've all forgotten more than we remember.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

I doubt Gordon is going to persuade anyone in either direction. If someone still supports Trump after the last two years, they're going to be motivated to get to the polls either way. They have to be die-hard to stick with him this long.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 11-08-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon